Tuesday, January 28, 2014

AUTOMOBILE DIMINISHED VALUE - FALSE PROMISES BY INDEPENDENT APPRAISERS


FORT PIERCE, Florida - When we speak to a customer about their automobile diminished value claim, at no time do we make promises in order to obtain their business. Frequently, we are called upon to perform a diminished value appraisal after other independent appraisers already did so. The stories are familiar - such and such appraisal company told us that the diminished value of our car would be over $10K but their report only came in at $2K. Or, so and so appraisal company assured me that the insurance company would pay the full amount but, instead, the insurance adjuster low balled me. The worst ones are those who say "I should have listened to you" after their diminished value appraisals were rejected because they were prepared based on formulas or auto auction results instead of actual dealer quotes. The St. Lucie Appraisal Company does not offer money back guarantees. What we do - contacting numerous new car dealers and obtaining their opinions of your car's diminished value - requires a great deal of time. We don't simply concoct a formulaic appraisal or run off pages and pages of auction results. But most of all, we don't make promises that we can't keep. Below is a page that was taken from a Better Business Bureau complaint involving an independent automobile diminished value appraiser. We omitted the name of the company for obvious reasons but the content will illuminate some of the scenarios that people seeking diminished value appraisals face.

Complaint about XYZ DV Appraisers: Company refuses to give me back my money. Despite their money back guarantee.
I contacted **** in regards to a DV claim. I inquired about what the claim specifically entails and was told by ****** ***** that the "mission here at **** is to help you collect the settlement you deserve". This was unclear to me so I called. I spoke with ******* ***** who told me I'd be paying for a claim to get financial compensation from an insurance company. I asked what happens if the company says "no" and she laughed at me. She told me she's never seen a company just say no, they HAVE to pay you. Based on her word, I paid for **** services. I was denied twice by the insurance company, the last time the insurance company cited a supreme court case in ** that dismissed the notion of diminished value. When I asked what was next a man named **** ****** said he wasn't a lawyer so he couldn't comment and advised me to find an attorney and take the case to small claims court. No one ever said anything about lawyers or court. I then demanded my money back. I was basically told that I was lying about what I was told, that *** ***** never told me the company had to pay me. I was told I could only get my money back if I signed a contract stating that **** "acted in good faith and provided a quality product" - which they did not, and I must promise "not leave any feedback, comments or testimonials about the provider's services or appraisal practices and remove any content already submitted against the provider, electronic or otherwise."


I will not sign my name to a document that is false, nor to a document that prohibits me from speaking my mind. I told the company this and they have ignored me.
Initial Business Response
Contact Name and Title: **** ******
Contact Phone: XXX-XXX-XXXX
Contact Email: ******************
A REFUND WAS ISSUED - THIS DEMAND IS WARRANTLESS. Additionally, we don't have a money back guarantee on the product she ordered (only on local appraisals).

Since, in good faith, a refund was issued yesterday, this matter should be dismissed and the case closed. Thank you so much.

Final Consumer Response
(The consumer indicated he/she ACCEPTED the response from the business.)
This company is a fraud.
A person making an automobile diminished value claim has enough to contend with in light of the fact that there are unscrupulous insurance companies that practically force you to take them to court. You don't need to be defrauded by your own independent appraiser as well.


The St. Lucie Appraisal Company
P.O. Box 2700
Fort Pierce, FL 34954
Phone: (772) 359-4300
Fax: (772) 466-8400
Email: contact@stlucieappraisal.net



AUTOMOBILE DIMINISHED VALUE APPRAISERS IN ALL 50 STATES


Automobile Diminished Value Appraisals nationwide including Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington West Virginia and Wisconsin.


paypal payment button The fee for an Automobile Diminished Value Report is $275.00. You may also make your Credit Card Payment by telephone, call 772-359-4300. Credit card payments can be made on the PayPal page. Click on "Don't have a PayPal account?" to be taken to the secure credit card payment page. 

After making your secure payment please email the body shop estimate or the insurance company appraisal to contact@stlucieappraisal.net or FAX to 772-466-8400.

NOTE: TESLA OR OTHER EXOTIC CAR OWNERS PLEASE CALL 772-359-4300 TO ARRANGE FOR AN AUTOMOBILE DIMINISHED VALUE APPRAISAL. 


 
Read Unbiased Consumer Reviews Online at AngiesList.com
Check our Reviews on Angie's List

Image courtesy of imediaconnection.com

Keywords for this article: automobile, diminished value, independent, appraiser, claim, appraisal, insurance company, low ball, dealer, quote, The St. Lucie Appraisal Company, money back guarantee, Better Business Bureau  

Updated 02-13-2014