Saturday, October 13, 2012

BUYING AN ANTIQUE OR CUSTOM CAR IN SOUTH FLORIDA? - GET A CONDITION REPORT FROM ST LUCIE APPRAISAL

ST LUCIE APPRAISAL, Motor Vehicle Appraisers - Service throughout South Florida
BUYING AN ANTIQUE OR CUSTOM CAR IN SOUTH FLORIDA?
______________________

If you are thinking about buying an antique or custom car in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach or anywhere else in South Florida call ST LUCIE APPRAISAL for a condition report.

I will ascertain that VIN number, mileage and options are all correct.

I will make sure the car is on level ground before checking it out.

If a lift is available, I will make a detailed inspection of the underside.

I will check the paint and look for rust spots, dents, scratches, bondo, overspray, fish eye, orange peel and other imperfections.

I will check all exterior chrome.

I will go over the body, frame and floor with a fine toothed comb to determine if there were previous repairs done, rusty sheet metal or structural components and whether restorations were performed correctly.

I will look for door sag, improperly aligned sheet metal and improperly installed window glass.

I will check the seats, upholstery, dash, carpet and inner trim for tears, rips or stains.

I will operate all windows and other interior components, look at glass tracks for fit, glass for clarity, pitting in window frames, dry rot in rubber and felt components.

I will test the A/C and heat.

I will make sure that the speedometer and all gauges are functional.

I will verify that all customization done as per car owner's claims. I will start the engine, road test the car, measure acceleration, steering and braking and run the engine to check for overheating.

I will check the engine, transmission and rear end for leaks or corrosion.

I will check the oil and water in the engine for rust, H2O residue or other indicators.

I will make sure the hoses and belts are not soft or cracking.

I will inspect all service records, rebuild sheets, oil change records, invoices and other pertinent documents.

I will inspect the tires for even wear and matching, check exhaust, steering, suspension for dried out bushings and check other mechanical components.

In addition, any particular items you want looked at will be noted in my report. An automobile condition report is $225.00. Please call 772-359-4300 to request a Paypal invoice.
______________________
 
 
Keywords for this article: antique, appraiser, buy, car, custom, florida, Fort Lauderdale, mechanical inspection, Miami, sell, south, St. Lucie Appraisal, West Palm Beach, condition, report

Updated 06-18-2013, Updated 01-21-2014